Type: article, read
Duration: > 2 min
Welcome to TimeChimp! This article provides tips on how you can optimally organize your own TimeChimp environment. In this article we will go through the tabs organization, general, regional, times, holidays, import, export and the API.
In the basis of TimeChimp you have standard access to the following functionalities. Click per functionality to read more about it.
Depending on the activated modules, you will see a settings tab for each module. Click on the name of the module to quickly proceed to the correct article.
A step-by-step guide to set up TimeChimp to your liking.
Please note that when you adjust settings, always exit by clicking the "Save" button at the bottom right.
- Currency Here you can set which currency you want to use within TimeChimp.
Tip! You can choose a different currency at invoice & estimate level.
Note! You cannot adjust this at employee, customer or project level. So only at estimate and invoice level.
- Time zone Here you can set which time zone you are in.
Note! The time zone setting of your phone / laptop / etc .. exceeds this setting. Example: Your TimeChimp settings are on UCT + 01: 00. The settings on your laptop are set to London (UCT + 00: 00) and you write 12:00 - 15:00. TimeChimp is opened on a laptop where the time zone is set to UCT + 01:00, then you will see the written time in TimeChimp from 13:00 - 16:00.
- Date format Here you indicate how you want a date to be displayed within TimeChimp.
Note! If you leave this field empty, you will see the letter D appear on the invoice instead of the day note.
- Time format Here you can indicate how you want the time to be displayed.
- Number format Here you indicate according to which number format you want numbers to be displayed.
- Distance format Here you set whether you want distances to be displayed in KM or Miles.
Want to go back to the Getting started in Timechimp workflow? Click here!