Type: article, read
Duration: > 2 min
Welcome to TimeChimp! This article provides tips on how you can optimally organize your own TimeChimp environment. In this article we will go through the tabs organization, general, regional, times, holidays, import, export and the API.
In the basis of TimeChimp you have standard access to the following functionalities. Click per functionality to read more about it.
Depending on the activated modules, you will see a settings tab for each module. Click on the name of the module to quickly proceed to the correct article.
A step-by-step guide to set up TimeChimp to your liking.
Please note that when you adjust settings, always exit by clicking the "Save" button at the bottom right.
- Account Access This is the place where you can give permission whether TimeChimp is allowed in your environment / account. By setting this option to YES, we can offer better support by helping with issues and questions.
- Customer required You determine here whether you are obliged to register hours, expenses or mileages for which customer the registration is made.
- Project required You determine here whether you are obliged to register hours, expenses or mileages to indicateon which project is registered.
Note! If you have this option set to YES and you have a customer to which no project is linked, this customer will not be displayed as an option to register. So: if you have this option set to YES, check if every customer has a project.
Tip! Do you want employees to see only the projects to which they are linked? Set this setting to YES.
- Task required You determine here whether you are obliged to register hours, expenses or trips in order to indicate for which task you register.
Tip! Within projects you indicate which activities belong to them. If you have this option set to YES, an employee will only be able to register for the linked tasks of the project.
- Standard customer If you as an organization register a lot for the same customer, you can set this as the default. The customer name will then already be entered when you register.
- Lock registration period Determine how many weeks in the past employees can still register or edit old registrations.
- VAT rates These are the VAT rates that you make available to employees who register expenses and wich VAT rates you can choose when you create invoices and estimates.
Tip! You can indicate per customer which VAT rate you want as standard for estimates & invoices. (Add redirect)
- Whitelabel e-mail domain If you want your e-mails from TimeChimp to be sent with your own domain name instead of firstname.lastname@example.org, you can install that right here.
- Own domain name If you want TimeChimp to run under your own name (for example 'hours.mycompany.com'), you can install that over here.
- Block trackers
Want to go back to the Getting started in Timechimp workflow? Click here!