Type: article, read
Duration: > 2 min
Do you want to keep track of vacation hours and other days off in TimeChimp for a clear overview? In this article you can read how to set up, manage and change this.
A step-by-step guide to managing employee leave.
What exactly can you monitor in TimeChimp regarding leave?
In TimeChimp you can regulate your leave. The employee can request it, has insight into his / her balance and as an administrator you can easily display the leave status of your employees.
There are a number of basic settings that must be correct to register and monitor leave.
Step 1: enter a starting leave balance with the employee
- Go to teams > employees > end of line employee 'actions' > edit > leave.
- Enter a starting balance of leave at + New leave. For example, as of January 1, 20xx, enter a balance of 200 hours with the description 'Leave hours 20xx'. In this calendar year, the employee can take 200 hours.
Note: is there still a positive or negative leave balance at the end of the calendar year? Then these hours are automatically transferred to the new calendar year as a new starting balance.
Step 2: setting up the Leave activity to register / request leave.
- Go to Manage > Tasks > + New Task.
- Enter an task name and indicate whether this task is billable by default and should always be added when creating a new project.
- Slide 'Employee balance' on YES > now there will be an extra option
- Select here that the task affects the leave hours balance. As standard you can enter here that as soon as this activity is written on, these hours will be subtracted 100% from the leave balance.
As soon as the above is correct, you can start writing on the activity 'Leave'. If leave is registered on the task, these hours are automatically deducted from the leave balance.
Step 3: viewing the leave balance per employee
- You can view this balance at teams > employees > end of the line employee 'actions' > dashboard.
- The bar chart shows the recorded hours per week. The color Green shows the registrations written on the activity 'Leave'.
- Headline 'Leave'. Here you can see a detailed overview of the leave that went ON or OFF per calendar year with the corresponding descriptions.
Tip! Do you want to see in one overview how many hours of leave the employees still have? Then click at teams > employees > actions (next to + new employee) on 'show remaining balance'. A pop-up window will open > select (all) employees here and make an export.
Tip! An employee can view his / her leave balance at 'My profile'. They will then see their own bar chart and can click on the 'leave' tab for a detailed overview.
Tip! Do you want leave registrations to be approved or rejected first? Read more about our 'Approve' module.