Importing your customers can save you a lot of time. And who doesn't want that?!
Below you find a step-by-step guide on how to import your customer information, and an example to give you some extra tools to do it yourself :)
Create an Excel or CSV document with your Customer information.
When you're done adding customers and ready to import, choose 'Save as' (or 'Save as') and then 'Comma Separated Values (.csv)'
* You can use column names, but this is not necessary. Adding column names makes it easier for you to process your file.
* Within TimeChimp there is a limit of 500 lines. Do you have more than 500 lines? Then create multiple files of up to 500 lines each.
* TimeChimp works best with a CSV file
* Hereby an example import file to get you started: Example Import File Customers
Go to Settings > Import, and click on ‘CSV/Excel’
Choose what you want to Import (Import Customers)
Drag or drop the file in the TimeChimp pop-up screen, and click on 'Start upload
Match the columns you have in your file with the columns in the pop-up screen in TimeChimp
* Upon import, your data from your file (for example, customers and / or projects) is matched on certain fields. If these fields are not present in your current environment, the fields are created. Does the field already exist? Then it is updated with the new data. Capital matching is not taken into account when matching.
When you have selected all the columns, press 'Start import'.
* Customers are first linked by client number. If no client number is present (with current customers and customers from the import), the customer is linked by name. Is there no match? Then a new customer is created.
You will receive feedback on the status of your import. Was the import successful? Then you will see a success message. If your file has not been imported, you will be notified of why it was not successful. You can then go back to the previous screen to upload another file or select other columns.
Want to go back to the Getting Started in TimeChimp workflow? Click here!